Saturday, April 18, 2009

Coughing Guy

Those of you who know me in "real life" (tm) are aware that since I moved across campus I have been plagued by Coughing Guy--an unidentified resident who stands outside my window day and night intermittently and lets loose. His superior disguise mechanisms have made it impossible to identify him--until tonight.

I was walking back from dinner when I heard it--that infernal result of a ruptured lung. I froze, and scanned the quad. I saw a man in the distance, walking towards the dorm, and I hurried to catch up with him. I had seen him before; he's about my age with a premature bald spot. Lovely.

So he walks up the stairs, and I crouch in the stairwell, and I hear it again. It definitely emitted from his mouth. I have identified the perpetrator.

There has never been any mystery surrounding Burping Girl, though. She's my roommate.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

"There has never been any mystery surrounding Burping Girl, though. She's my roommate."

I loled, but I'm also so sorry.

Kate Silver said...

The worst part is that she says "scusi" each time.

It was cute, once.