Saturday, April 19, 2008

Passover Weekend

Good news: I have pictures. Or rather, my mom has pictures. They have not yet made their way through the anti-primordial world of cyberspace to my inbox to this page. This is because my mom took the pictures with her camera, which is at home, and hopefully connected to the Internet at this very moment in anticipation of the hard, cold, tumble-of-a-journey.*

So they're coming. Ye must be patient.

In other news, I am a bad Jew.

I suppose that is semantically twisted, because I'm only half-Jewish, on my father's side. And in Jewish law, the mother must be Jewish for the child to be Jewish.

But that's beside the point. I've been eating egg matzo for passover for the last few days, and I've been enjoying it. So this morning, I have nothing better to do than to read the side of the box, which informs me:

Egg Matzos may be eaten only by the infirmed, aged, or children according to Shulchan Aruch.

Ooops. I can't talk my way out of this one.

And who's Shulchan Aruch?

No comments: