1. What is your current obsession?
Trying to figure out if "queer" and "marriage" are--or should be--mutually exclusive. I never thought about it before I read a fascinating article critiquing marriage from a feminist perspective that questioned whether queers--or any progressive, really--should buy into marriage. Considering marriage is a fundamentally conservative institution that originated as a means to transport a woman as property from one family to the next, I'm not so sure. I still support the fight for gay marriage, though--if straights can marry, why the fuck can't everyone? Just think we need to examine marriage a little bit more closely and see if we can queer it from the inside. That would be AWESOME.
2. What is your weirdest obsession?
FAT BEBEHS. Wanting children, especially fat babies, totally should contradict my espousal of feminism. And yet, I choose to believe that it doesn't. I do, and always will, love fat bebehs.
3. What do you see outside your window?
The cripplingly white stretch of fabric that's the window shade. It' terrifying.
4. What is your favourite colour?
Yellow. Always yellow. I can't dominate yellow.
5. What is your weakness?
If I told you, you'd have to kill me. Or you'd be able to, anyway. You think Achilles TOLD everyone about his heel?
Okay, I'll bite. I'm too proud. I crumble when anyone or anything insinuates I may not be as smart as I think I am.
6. What animal would you be?
I think that's pretty obvious to anyone who knows me, so I'll just not say it.
7. What would you like to learn how to do?
Speak Danish, for fuck's sake!
8. What do you want to never happen in life?
I don't want Thomas or Maddie or my parents taken away from me in some horrible accident. That would break me. Something sudden, and too soon.
9. What is on your bedside table?
Real Simple magazine (I still can't STAND the grammatical error in that title), my bio textbook, and my alarm clock. And the biggest crate of vitamins you've ever seen in your life.
10. What's the last thing you bought?
11. What do you think about the person that tagged you?
No, she's one of my favorite people in the world and my best friend. I guess we're both awesome bitches, though. I mean, really.
12. What was your favourite children's book?
Harry Potter. Which is sort of embarrasing now, because it's not great literature. But it was my favorite.
13. Who do you want to meet in person?
Joan Jett, Frida Kahlo, Gloria Steinem.
14. What did you want to be as a child?
15. What did you dream about last night?
Oh fuck that shit was messed up. There were all these different countries I kept flying to in hot air balloons, and it was the victorian times, and I landed in an ancient Aztec garden--which was also a university?
16. Which do you prefer, day or night?
Night. I'm by myself, I can do whatever I want, and it's like time stops because there are no interruptions.
17. What's your favourite piece of clothing in your closet?
My vintage cowboy boots I got for $3 at Goodwill. Most comfortable shoes that aren't sneakers I've ever bought.
18. What's your plan for tomorrow?
My dream plan would be to write a novel and get a job at Bitch magazine. But I'll more likely end up going to class and reading Jezebel.
19. What would you like to get your hands on right now?
THOMAS. I shouldn't say any more or I won't be able to stop myself.
20. What is your must have of the moment?
Sleep, the must have of every moment of my day.
21. What's your favourite tea flavour?
Jasmine white tea from the royal tea shop in Copenhagen.
22. If you could go anywhere is the world right now, where would you go?
To Denmark. If I wasn't legally prohibited from entering the country until July, I would be on a plane SO FAST.